December 9th 2010
Volunteer Leader Internship Opportunity with Local Non-Profits: HandsOn New Orleans
Earn money for school
Gain valuable leadership experience
Help your community
HandsOn New Orleans is seeking dynamic individuals for our Volunteer Leader internship program.
Volunteer Leaders are volunteers who make a commitment to help manage a volunteer project for one day each week. These individuals help us mobilize thousands of volunteers every year, and address any number of community issues including homelessness, hunger, animal rescue, disaster recovery, environmental protection and more.
This is a great way to give back, while gaining valuable experience and earning money for school.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for volunteers attending the project
• Answer volunteer questions leading up to each project date
• Recruit volunteers for project as needed
• Attend the project to make sure everything runs smoothly
• Orient new volunteers to HandsOn and the volunteer project
• Report volunteer attendance after each project
• Act as the liaison between HandsOn staff, our volunteer base and our non-profit partners
• Work with great people and help your community
• Earn internship credit
• Receive free leadership and volunteer management training
• Become a part of a community of local leaders who take action to solve community problems
• Gain valuable leadership experience and job skills
Send a letter of interest to Lindsay Nash, Volunteer Programs Supervisor at HandsOn New Orleans. Include why you are interested in the Volunteer Leader program, a little about your volunteer history, and any community issues you are passionate about addressing through service.
504-483-7041 ext. 103